Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

Nursing School Update #2

Well hello there everyone! (AKA, just my mom, Hi Mom! You're probably the only one reading this.) 

So I'm on my second semester of nursing school. Almost halfway done with school! Just finished up my second round of clinical rotations, and it was actually, surprisingly, a blast. I always thought I would hate caring for adults and it turns out that I was completely wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed going to clinical each day, even though my clinical were 6:30a-6:30p on Saturdays and Sundays. Even though back to back days were rough (especially since they were the days before class and exams) I'm genuinely going to miss my time at the hospital. I still have psych clinical this semester, but I won't be in a traditional hospital setting again until September. 
This is what my days consist of now. Lots and lots of notes, colorful pens, and studying. And coffee, as you saw in the first picture. 


I am also officially DONE with all my skills validations for the semester. It's crazy how much we learn and how quickly. Not really sure what possessed me to take a selfie with this mannequin during a skills test while my evaluator went to grab more supplies but i think it's such a fun representation of my life right now. 


How amazing is my husband? He volunteered to let me practice IV starts on him, and vice versa. I mean seriously, the couple who starts IV's on each other together, stays together right? 


This also goes down in the hood on Saturday nights. *Woah, jump back!* We are living the crazy life over here. :) 


Long story short, I'm still spending most of my time studying and dreaming of the day when I will once again have free time to craft, build and share our creations with whoever cares to see them. Until then, I'll be stuck in my burnt orange scrubs, telling everyone who will listen that I really am an Aggie. Thanks and Gig 'em! 


P.S. Last weekend, at the hospital, a patient's family member said to me, "Young lady, are you a t-sip?" And I assured him that I am absolutely not. Obviously he was confused since I was dressed as a giant burnt orange blob. After explaining to him that I'm forced to wear these scrubs as a UTMB student, he asked me how long I had to wear them and after hearing that I have 1 year left he said, "My condolences." So basically that's a snapshot of my life right now. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment