Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Lets face facts here, people.

I'm not a blogger. I want to be, but I'm just not. Now, almost an entire year since my last post, (that was probably read by literally only me and my cat) I'm back. I've decided to use this blog as a place to document and show off my crafting/knitting/crocheting. 

I read about a knitter who kept a journal with needle size, yarn types, patterns, etc, in case she put it down for ever, a month or two and picked it back up again. Obviously being a person who has an infinite number of projects going at basically all times, this appealed to me. Since my patterns are basically all on pinterest/other people's blogs, it made more sense to me to keep a record here. 

Now I'm not trying to pass any of these knitting/crocheting projects off as my own, lets be real clear. I am all but incapable of making up my own patterns so I rely entirely on the amazing help of others for inspiration. 

Well. Here we go. 

I started a blanket. Not only did I, (arguably the least patient person on this planet) start a blanket, I started it in crochet, which I have very little experience with. And oh yeah! I started two. TWO. I'm ignoring the red flags going off in my head right this second. 





I have quite a few sources for the first one, my original inspiration came from here, but I failed miserably at trying to make this hexagon pattern, so I googled and googled and finally found this gem. I decided to mix the two, I'm making solid colored hexagons and joining them to make them look like the first pattern.  



I love it so much so far. These pictures don't do the pattern or the colors justice. 
But I'd be lying if I said I don't cringe just thinking about how many hexagons I'm going to have to crochet total. 


(Bonus Points if you can spot the halloween wreath I'm also in the middle of.)

The second one is one I've been wanting to make ever since I started knitting/crocheting. I have a blanket made exactly like this that my great grandmother made and I couldn't possibly be more excited to recreate on to give to my mother. (G hook, random yarn from my drawer that I believe is red heart. Ballin' on a budget here. Get it.... Ballin... like a yarn ball. No? Ok.)




Although I know this is a very common pattern, I definitely want to give credit where credit is due. I found this pattern sent straight from heaven because let me tell you, I understood what I was supposed to do THE FIRST TIME AROUND. First time ever in my crocheting experience. (H hook, Random Maroon Yarn from my drawer that I really hope I don't run out of halfway through. Although my great grandmas blanket appears to have two different dye lots so maybe that would be even better.)


And this is the part where I pretend I'm not also in the middle of three scarves too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment