Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Maroon Popcorn Scarf

As far as patterns go, this one isn't exactly the most fun to do but it turns our absolutely adorable. This pattern was found in a pretty generic pattern book, so I'm sure it's super common. A friend knit this scarf last winter, so of course I begged for one of my own, and in turn a coworker requested that we make six for her to give as gifts. An excuse to knit? Don't mind if I do. :) 

                                                               


Cast on in a multiple of four (in my case, 28).
Row 1: Purl
Row 2: Purl Three Together, Knit front and back one, repeat until the end of the row.
Row 3: Purl
Row 4:Knit front and back, Purl three, lather, rinse, repeat. 



These are knit on size 15 needles, with super bulky yarn. I'm using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick (which never fails to make me laugh.) The color may or may not be claret, there are lots of words on this label but that one sounds the closest to english so I'm going to go with it. 

This pattern turns out absolutely beautiful, especially on this yarn (arguably because it's maroon and anything maroon automatically gets my vote), I love that it's not exactly a solid color, it shows the pattern really well. I've been making them long enough to go around the neck once, it turns out great since the scarf is so wide. 

I only have one of these beauties left to knit and as much as I love them, I'll be glad to have one more project wrapped up! Whoop!



No comments:

Post a Comment