Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My First Erin Condren Planner - The Love Story Begins

I have a problem. It's been lying dormant for quite a while and with school starting in a few months it's back in full force, so I'll just admit it. 

I am obsessed with planners. My planner is ALWAYS color coded. It's pristine. It's my lifeline, and it's on my person at. all. times.

Story time:
 My last semester at TAMU I downloaded the syllabus for one of my classes before the semester started (because putting the dates in my planner is just enticing and I couldn't stand to wait any longer) and it turned out that the dates "weren't final" and all changed before the semester started. All the (now incorrect) dates were in my planner. In ink. Green ink, because that's the color I assigned that class. I wrote an email to the prof asking in the least sassy way I could manage, if the dates were going to change again and he wrote back (in full-fledged sass, lemme tell ya) that they never changed. Well, I have a hardcopy of your original syllabus and a planner full of white out tape that proves otherwise, buddy. But clearly I'm not bitter about it or anything.

I've been this way forever... I remember the ones they gave us (that we were forced to use) in Elementary and everyone hated it, but I loved those planners so much that I literally couldn't even throw them away until last Christmas when I was forced asked nicely to clean out my bedroom back home. (Hi, Mom!)

All of that is just to explain how much I love and rely on my planner, mostly so you don't judge me for what I did the other day.... I bought this. 

The Erin Condren Life Planner.  (Oooooooooh, ahhhhh)

Now before you think that I've gone off the deep end, buying a freaking 50 dollar planner, please understand that I had a $10 off coupon. Coupons make everything better right?? (Which, P.S. if anyone wants a $10 coupon you can click THIS LINK to sign up and have one emailed to you.) And think about it. I'll be using this for 14 months, because I ordered it to start in October. So I'm paying around $4 a month for something I'll use all day everyday. Not bad right?? Plus it's so pretty and it will have my name on it! (Seriously, all the heart eyes.)

However, I chose not to order the personalized one because
 1. It ships quicker. 
2. I'll have a real cover that I can use until I get married in December when my name changes. 
3. It comes with a coupon to order a cover FO FREE. So basically I got a free cover. :) 

But, I plan to order the Photo Floral one if you're curious. It's so pretty!! Plus the covers are interchangeable and there are blogs out there that teach you how to make your own, which I'm 100% about.

And this one is really catching my eye as well. You can choose your name, or your family name, and since my family is only Landan and Swarlie, both of whom keep up with their own schedules, I'll definitely just have my name on it. :) 


I purchased it on Monday, it was originally estimated to ship on Friday, and I had it in my hot little hands on Wednesday. Two days before it was supposed to even ship. You have my heart, Erin Condren shipping people, I'm telling ya. Seriously I wasn't kidding, you can see my fingerprints all over it. 


AND THERE WERE FREEBIES, YALL. 


Those are stickers for the planner, to/from stickers for gift giving, thank you cards and so on. The cute washi tape is mine, (50% off at Hob Lob, wuddup), but it was so adorable I had to include it. 

These sticker pages are included, I obviously have already used a chunk of them... somehow passing up the very MIDDLE sticker on the gold side? 


There's a folder in the back and a pouch for holding stickers, invitations or anything else you may need to keep up with. Mine is currently holding my poop stickers that I plan to mark exam dates with next semester. Standing in line at Michaels with two packs of poop stickers and nothing else pretty much sums up my life, honestly. 

Side note: "Keep it together" was on my wall in french back in my college days, (aka like two months ago) so I thought it was fate a cool coincidence that it showed up in my new planner. 


I've used washi tape to label my work schedule as well as Landans. His shifts are once every third day and I can't figure that out in my head, I'm constantly having to look at a calendar to see if he'll be available. 

P.S. This Winky Poop was literally calling my name. There was no possible way I could wait until my first exam to put him into my planner so I put it on the day my immunizations are due for Nursing school. Because I'll be in deep Winky Poop if I don't get them in on time. ;)




2 comments:

  1. I wish I could use a planner, I always start out so strong and forget after a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely too tech-y for a paper planner. I'm the opposite, I can't keep my phone calendar up to date!

      Delete