Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

One Month in Blog land


I cannot believe I have actually kept up with this blog for a month now! It's been in existence for about 2 years, but I haven't exactly been posting regularly... Or at all, at any point during those 2 years. 

 I know that I mostly post about our DIY's and crafts but I also want to take the time to post a little update on our lives. This snapchat form my other half pretty much sums it up.


When we moved here, Landan had been working for the fire department for a few weeks doing training and orientation, but was just starting on an actual shift. One month in and he finally caught his first actual fire yesterday. Obviously not a great day for the car owner, but it was a great day for Landan to finally get to put his skills to use!

I have visited him at work a couple of times and I won't even start to pretend that I'm too cool to sit in the fire truck and turn on the sirens. It was really freaking cool. Obviously I had to wear Landan's helmet the whole time.  I'm so grateful to everyone at the department for being so kind and for eating all the baked goods I've made for them. I am a person who hates baked goods but loves to bake, so it's really nice to be able to make pumpkin muffins on a whim and not have to eat pumpkin muffins for the next 12 breakfasts in a row. 

I've been working at Justice for the last four weeks as well. This was my high school job and although this time around I'm in a management position, I still felt like it would be the perfect, peppy place for me to work during my next year and a half as a nursing school student. 
(PS if you saw Landan's Facebook post calling me out for being a huge diva about boots, those are them! Now you understand why I was so hell-bent on finding them. Between the boots and the good hair day I was having I felt a work selfie was justified.)
Soooooomeone decided it was a good idea to wake me up at 6:30 am last week to go watch the sunset from the Seawall. There was a promise of coffee so I was totally on board. I'm so glad he thought of this because it was absolutely beautiful, and also COLD. 
We are freezing in this picture, and believe it or not we were JUST on the beach less than 24 hours before this picture was taken in swim trunks and a bikini. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on who was wearing which. ;)

I have really enjoyed these past few weeks of sharing my little projects and fun day stories with every one! I'm so grateful for anyone who takes the time out of their busy day to check on Landan, Swarlie and I. Please keep coming back to see how and what we are doing!

Thanks and gig em, Yall! 

2 comments:

  1. I'll take some of your pumpkin muffins (but they have to be gluten free)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete