Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Speaks to my Soul - September 3


I don't know what it is but every time I move, its almost as if my entire decorating taste changes. Even in college, when I moved three years in a row. Each time I had a completely different idea of what I wanted my home (aka dorm/apartment) to look like. This year was no different in that respect, but since I HAVE TO LIVE WITH A BOOOOOY (<-- Monica on the show, "Friends") I definitely wanted a more neutral look. 



We've made several things for our new home but we are currently on the hunt for several more pieces of furniture including: 
Bed that's not ugly. Headboard. Nightstands that aren't tiny. Side Table(s). Tv Stand. Decorations for pretty much every room. Because mine are all girly/glitter/flowers. And his are all sports themed. 

We wouldn't be us if we didn't plan to make them ourselves so I wanted to share some of my inspiration before we actually tackle them ourselves. 

This mason jar sconce. Did anyone else know the word "sconce" before today? Yeah, I didn't either.

This wooden crate for blankets and throw pillows. That's why they are called throw pillows. Because they are constantly in the way and you just throw them off the couch so you can watch Netflix in peace, without being crowded by 16 (extremely adorable and made with love) pillows on your couch. 
This headboard and bed. I literally spent 2 hours (ok it was days) doing nothing but reading this blog. Yet, somehow I didn't come across this post until I was looking on pinterest. I opened up the link and I freaked out. "LANDAN, I read this blog ALL WEEK and LOOOOK!" Yep, it was a week. Whatever. I'm not ashamed.
No, seriously, LOOK HOW PRETTY!


Also this end table which I swear is straight out of my wishes and dreams, except ours will have to be much larger to fill the space, and will eat this table for breakfast with a smile on it's face. I can't wait to see this in the currently empty corner between our couch and chair. (Really though, our table lamp is just sitting on the floor. It's sad and lonely and needs help.)


I swear, I could go on and on (and on, and on, and on... see??) with my ideas for our new home, but that's all I'll leave you with. For now.

 Although, these are literally other peoples ideas, so that may not be the best phrasing, but I trust that you know what I mean. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment