Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dresser Repaint - Part One

Let me start with the before. 


Doesn't it look like it belongs in a seven year old's room? Yup. That's because we painted it when I was seven. That's part of the reason I love this dresser so much. My mom and I (let's be real, I was a tiny child so it was probably all her) repainted all of my furniture when it was given to me by my great grandmother when I was little. It was peach colored when it lived in her home. And underneath all of the paint we found an olive green color, so we are not the first to strip off old paint and add new to this little gem. 



I am SO excited about this. And only about 80% of my excitement is due to the fact that Landan did all the hard work and I got to do the fun parts. No, seriously, I got home from work and my dresser looked like this. 
(PS we need curtains.)

He's amazing. If you cant tell in the picture, he did all the hard parts and left me one super easy side to scrape the paint off, because it's fun. He also knew I would want to feel like I helped. Yup. He even got it started for me, that's what he's doing in the picture. Sorry, ladies. He's taken. 
See the olive green that I was talking about? I wonder how long ago it was painted that color. 

Oh! And did I mention he remembered to take these before pictures for me because he knew I would want them? I've got a real keeper. :) 

I can't wait to share it with you when it's completed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment