Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Dresser Repaint - Part Two

Its done! To be honest, it was done before I even posted the first page about it, but we didn't have all of the knobs, so I couldn't post an after. :)

Of course, the day after the knobs at Hobby Lobby were 50% off, we picked out what we wanted. Being me, I couldn't pay full price RIGHT after they were on sale so I made Landan take a million trips to Hob Lob with me so that we could each use a 40% off coupon. You know how I've said in the past that he's a wonderful man? This man somehow made it through the line three, THREE different times at the same store with a coupon. 

Ladies, if you ever meet a man that can use five 40% off coupons (yup, two different stores, 5 coupons) in one day, marry that man. 

But not this one, because he's taken. :)

 So we left off without any paint, in this post

Also, before I go any further, I have an update on our sweet little dresser's history. My mammaw informed me that my great grandparents bought this (and the bed and desk that goes with it) when they married. IN 1930!! How cool is that? I'm even more in love now that I fully know this little guy's story. 
First we did the drawers. In this picture, they may not look different to you, but TRUST ME. So different! The old color was off white, dingy, and chipped. It is now bright white, with a satin finish that I love more than life it self!
Next we did the outer part. If you knew how much time I spent looking at dressers with gray drawers and white outside and vice versa trying to decide, you would laugh at me. But you know what? I don't even care because LOOK HOW PRETTY. 

Here is the top after just the first coat, we had to do a few more on it but it turned out so nicely. Also, we butchered all of our moving boxes and taped them together so we could have a place to spray paint them at our apartment. I bet our neighbors all hate us, between the painting and the power tools, (in this post). ;)

Can you hear them? The angels are singing. 

This picture has terrible lighting but it's what we *almost* chose for the knobs. The top is a smallish glass knob, and the rest of the drawers were going to be this really pretty dark gray. We brought home two to see if we liked them, and I'm glad we did. The more I looked at it the more I felt that there was too many different shades of gray going on. So we went back to Hobby Lobby and came home with THESE!
ARENT THEY PRETTY?

So here, in all it's glory, is the finished project. :)


And here, for your viewing pleasure, is my (failed) attempt to get Swarlie to sit on top of it for a photo shoot. 




No comments:

Post a Comment