Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Apartment Tour

Since I've been working on so many projects for decorating and organizing our new home, I thought I would take a moment to post some pictures of what it looks like completely bare. These pictures aren't the greatest, I literally snapped them in about five seconds between bringing my cat up the stairs and starting to unload the trucks/trailer. (Which was awful. Texas heat: You Suck.)

It will be so fun to look back on these as we get more and more settled in, to see how far our first little home together has come. 





When you walk in, you see this ADORABLE little archway cutout. Our TV stand is there currently, but it doesn't fit right so it looks ridiculous. Landan has drawn up a plan for what it will look like, all we have to do is make it. One drawback of an apartment is that we have much less space for DIY projects.

Next to the arch is our breakfast nook. It currently houses the table and chairs that we repainted and they look AMAZING. They fit right into the space and look even better than I hoped they would. I plan to do a post on them soon! 

Opposite the breakfast nook is our kitchen. It may look small, but compared to Landan's last kitchen, it's huge. We enjoy cooking together but it was legitimately difficult to even stand in there together, so to us this is a giant upgrade, whoop! 

Now turning around, if you are facing the TV cutout and turn to your left, you'll see our sunroom. It's amazing and I love every thing about it. We put my desk there so it'll be a nice little cubby for me to study in when I start nursing school in January. 

 Now I didn't take any pictures of the bedroom for some reason, but I did snap one of the closet. Isn't it pretty?!?!?! If you saw my scarf storage post, that space is the wall you can't see in this photo. It's to the direct left of the doorway that this picture is being taken through. You can see my side in this photo, Landan's side is the same, except not quite as deep. We really want to add more shelving on that back wall. It's not very functional this way, and we could both use more storage space, we just haven't figured out exactly what we want just yet. 

Well that's it! I hope to keep you guys updated on progress of our decorations and furniture. Hopefully there are lots of DIY posts to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment