Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

Throw Pillows

This is the story of how we made 5 throw pillows for less than 25 dollars. 
It's a short story because it was a super extra simple project.
P.S. I really need to retake this picture now that my diploma is on the wall too, but what are the odds I can get Swarlie to pose so perfectly again??

Aren't they pretty???

This was the easiest project ever, I promise! It was also crazy cheap, especially considering how good they look on our couch now. If I do say so myself. ;)

All we did was take two different fabrics, and cut them each into two 18"x18" squares. 

I sewed around the edges, being sure to backstitch on the corners for stability and then I turned them inside out and stuffed them. I butchered old pillows that we were going to throw out anyways and used the fluff as filling for our brand new happy pillows. I sewed up the remaining hole in the pillow by hand and that's it! So easy, and so fun. And SO cheap. We got the fabric 50% off and since the old pillows were FO FREE it came out to $25 for 5 pillows. And we still have fabric to spare! 

 Although if you take a nap on them your face will look like this. Well, not this handsome, but you get what I mean. ;)

So here is  a recap of things we still want to do in this room:
-Hang My Diploma Done!
-Build a side table for between the couch and chair. (Preferably along like the one I talk about in this post.) Our lamp will live on that table and I hope that our marquee letter T (this post) will look good up there too. It's currently standing in a corner. No one puts baby in a corner. 

Completely irrelevant but important sidenote: Does anyone else discuss the fact that Baby is reaaaally not actually in a corner, EVERY time they watch that movie? Or is that just the Beardens....

-Decide if I want to knit a blanket for the couch. I want to, but do we need two blankets out? I really love the blanket on the chair and I'm not willing to put that one away. 
-Build a very slim table for between the door and the couch. To put sunglasses, hats, etc. on when you walk in the door.
-An area rug. But of course we haven't found on we like. 

It's an ongoing process, but that's the best part about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment